Aprudha Pure Cotton Saree bags help you keep your sarees safe and sound by protecting it from Dust, Humidity and Decay. These saree bags are Washable, Reusable and Recyclable.
Please note: The khidki bags are made with a different fabric than the Premium Bags. They are thicker than premium bags and have a rough Matte Finish and have an Open, Non Covered Window. If you are looking to order our other premium bags please click here
Some of the features of the bags are:
- A window to know which saree is kept inside
- No Shrinking
- Helps you keep your wardrobe organised
- Size 44 X 38 cm allows 1-2 sarees at a time
- Zip less design ensures your sarees don’t get damaged accidentally
- Big Wooden buttons that last longer
- No Artificial Colors were used
- No Plastic or Synthetic used
You can use these bags to store
- Silk, Linen, Cotton sarees
- Dresses and expensive tops
- Party wear
- Shawls, Muffles, Sweaters
Sarees, especially silk are a treasure and pride of every Indian women. They are very luxurious and expensive items but are also very delicate.
This product is build around grandmas “Nuskhas”. If you remember our grand mas used wrap their sarees in soft cotton or suti cloth, and add dry neem leaves and store them in their trunk.
Aprudha saree bags preserve your luxurious sarees in style. They provide an ambient environment for the sarees to breath, while protecting them from harmful dust and humidity.
Cotton is made from cellulose, a naturally occurring polymer, which falls under the category of hydrophilics - that are known to absorb moisture up to 25 times of their weight. As such, they act as the perfect material for saree covers.
From our experience of selling and storing sarees, It has been observed that Moisture is one of the top reasons pure silk sarees decay. The next one is the toxins available in artificial fabrics.
In Addition, Please follow these rules (with or without bags)
- Every six months show the sarees in Sun for 30 minutes
- Wash the saree bags at least once a year
- Store similar sarees together
- Do not store petticoats and other fabrics that can stain your sarees
- Change saree folds every 4 months
These bags are 44 cm wide and 38 cm in length – perfect to store 1-2 sarees.
The thread count has been optimised to give enough breathability while ensuring durability.
They have a flap with two big wooden buttons. The "Zipless" design ensures you do not accidentally cause wear and tear while opening and closing the bags.
Please note depending on the availability, the button design and look may be different in different batches.
- Hand wash using soft detergent in cold water.
- Avoid squeezing the bags
Note -: Since this is a handmade product, actual measurements could be a few mm more than/equal to the size specified.